Update 1.1 (A lot of changes)
Update 1.1 is here at last! It's the last update before I start focusing on more long-term changes. So the objective of this update is to get the tool to an extremely functional state for both my own game and any of you that would like to use the tool.
- Optimized translation tool and fixed pixel deletion when dragged off canvas (until mouse button is released, undo can still be applied)
- AppData is now created upon launch
- Slice export trims down the slices to the last used layer (No blank slices)
- Texture page system completely replaced, now using vertex buffers instead (Slightly slower but no texture page size limitations)
- Sprite Sheet are now cropped correctly
- Export automatically account for designated texture page size limits and will report an error (not crash) if reached, or work around it with rows
- Removed forward onion skinning (may add later, too many rendering/performance issues at the moment)
- Canvas sizes available are now 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256 (may expand range)
- Slice imports are centered now and canvas sizes have been fixed
- Implemented layer adding/removal (undo/redo remember layer adding/removal)
- Undo/Redo system has received some major optimizations including improved performance and reduced memory usage
- Color palette size is now limited to 128
- Projects can store up to 254 colors in their save files, this means you could break it by changing palettes a bunch throughout a project but that's really going out of your way isn't it?
- Reduced load time of old save file format (though it has been made obsolete, I thought that this would be a completely unnoticeable waste of my time)
- Reduced project file size by 99.9990234375% (No seriously)
- Holding shift while in 3D preview mode allows you to move faster
Future updates will also reflect user requested changes, so let me know what you would like to see in the future!